Want to know how you can win one of those amazing raffle baskets that will be on the stage during the Bryant Blast? Can’t come to the Blast? Now you can pre-order Raffle tickets and the raffle committee will do all of the work for you!
Just return your order form to the front office or through kid mail along with a check made out to the Bryant PTSA and your work is done! We have already received some show stopping items for those much anticipated baskets and you can take it all home for just $1! Read more
We’re about halfway to filling all our spots, but there are still some choice jobs available indoors and out, including staffing our new Beat the Bucket game which you won’t want to miss! Parent and community volunteers are essential to making Blast a success, so please sign up now. Shifts are about 2 hours long, so you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy the Blast when you’re not on the clock. There are also special shifts just for our 5th graders. Be sure to sign them up for one or two shifts. The younger kids love to see them!
The Bryant Elementary PTSA board consists of a President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Membership Chair, Volunteer Coordinator, Fundraising Chair, Legislative Chair, Member-at-Large, and Teacher Representatives.
These positions are extremely important to our school and community. We are thankful for the wonderful and dedicated parents that fill these roles every year! If you are a member of the PTSA and have an interest in a board position or know of others with interest, please contact the Nominating Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome anyone with the desire and commitment to get involved.
For 2016-2017, we have several open positions, including Co-Treasurer and Legislative Chair. Read more
Thank you for completing the parent survey posted a couple of weeks ago. Your feedback is very valuable as the PTSA helps to align after school activities with the new bell times.
Several important themes emerged from the survey.
- More parents will require after school child care. 50% of parents said they will now need to secure child care because of the new bell times.
- No morning programs. Only Bike/Walk to Bryant and Safety Patrol/ Crossing Guard Duty would remain in the morning, all other programs would need to move to the afternoon.
- Participation in Clubs, ASE, & other programs seem unaffected by bell times.
- Participation in Clubs, ASE, & other programs improve when time is increased to 2 hours.
Show your support for Bryant and order the Blast t-shirt designed by 5th grader, Beck Sweeney. New this year is the chance to artistically personalize your shirt AT the 2016 Bryant Blast T-shirt table!
Download and submit your order forms by Friday, April 29th.
Questions? Contact Jamie Lynn Kimbrough
Hat bases are being delivered to the classrooms now. Let the creativity begin! This is an opportunity for you and your family to be imaginative. Your creation will be sold at the Blast! The crazier, the better – although elegant hats are fun too.
Turn them back in by Friday, May 6th. Collection bins will be available in the hallways starting on May 4th. Submit your hat flat to your teachers. Please do not staple the hats. They will be stapled by Blast volunteers. Read more
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
Attendees: Leann Huntington, Lauren, Abraham, Jennifer Mahlum, Rachel Schaw, Kim Love, Kim Larsen, Amy Shanafelt, Julie Pearson, Dan Sanger, Sam Fogg, Tiffany Morgan, Jason Smith, Michelle Ireton, Whitney Griesbach, Mary Britt-Love, Sara Fenzl, Anna Marburg, J Fangman
February Board Meeting Minutes -Approved
Office/Standing Committee Reports
- Treasurer’s Report (Lauren Abraham & Jennifer Mahlum)
- Increase in expenses for next year
- Budget Committee meeting with The Building to explore creative compromises
- Fundraising Committee (Kim Larsen)
- There is a need to increase the ask for the Annual Campaign for 2016-2017 school year
- Discussion around how much it should be raised by.
- The Budget Committee will bring a proposed increase at the May meeting
- Update from the bell times task force (Leeann Huntington)
- Parent survey results indicate preference is to prioritize the following programs for space allocation: LASER, ASE, school clubs & play
- Taskforce is working with Dan/Julie on logistics of room scheduling.
- Legislative update (Joan Crooks)
- Funding model for ASE coordinator position (Leeann Huntington)