The Bryant Elementary PTSA board consists of a President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Membership Chair, Volunteer Coordinator, Fundraising Chair, Legislative Chair, Member-at-Large, and Teacher Representatives.
These positions are extremely important to our school and community. We are thankful for the wonderful and dedicated parents that fill these roles every year! If you are a member of the PTSA and have an interest in a board position or know of others with interest, please contact the Nominating Committee at email@example.com. We welcome anyone with the desire and commitment to get involved.
For 2016-2017, we have several open positions, including Co-Treasurer and Legislative Chair. Read more
Thank you for completing the parent survey posted a couple of weeks ago. Your feedback is very valuable as the PTSA helps to align after school activities with the new bell times.
Several important themes emerged from the survey.
- More parents will require after school child care. 50% of parents said they will now need to secure child care because of the new bell times.
- No morning programs. Only Bike/Walk to Bryant and Safety Patrol/ Crossing Guard Duty would remain in the morning, all other programs would need to move to the afternoon.
- Participation in Clubs, ASE, & other programs seem unaffected by bell times.
- Participation in Clubs, ASE, & other programs improve when time is increased to 2 hours.
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
Attendees: Leann Huntington, Lauren, Abraham, Jennifer Mahlum, Rachel Schaw, Kim Love, Kim Larsen, Amy Shanafelt, Julie Pearson, Dan Sanger, Sam Fogg, Tiffany Morgan, Jason Smith, Michelle Ireton, Whitney Griesbach, Mary Britt-Love, Sara Fenzl, Anna Marburg, J Fangman
February Board Meeting Minutes -Approved
Office/Standing Committee Reports
- Treasurer’s Report (Lauren Abraham & Jennifer Mahlum)
- Increase in expenses for next year
- Budget Committee meeting with The Building to explore creative compromises
- Fundraising Committee (Kim Larsen)
- There is a need to increase the ask for the Annual Campaign for 2016-2017 school year
- Discussion around how much it should be raised by.
- The Budget Committee will bring a proposed increase at the May meeting
- Update from the bell times task force (Leeann Huntington)
- Parent survey results indicate preference is to prioritize the following programs for space allocation: LASER, ASE, school clubs & play
- Taskforce is working with Dan/Julie on logistics of room scheduling.
- Legislative update (Joan Crooks)
- Funding model for ASE coordinator position (Leeann Huntington)
Enrollment for our before- and after-school program for the upcoming 2016-17 school year will be held between Monday, May 2 and Friday, May 14. This applies to incoming kindergarteners and students currently in the before- and after-school program.