Seattle Public Schools and Seattle Education Association are partnering to increase students’ access to core content, improve instruction and accelerate student achievement.
As part of the Collective Bargaining Agreement process, SEA and SPS agreed to add 20 minutes to the school day in 2017-18 and provide one hour per week of teacher collaboration time. As the district plans to make this schedule adjustment, we want to hear from families and stakeholders on how the additional time should be added and how and when to schedule the collaboration time.
You may provide feedback in one of two ways:
- Complete the online survey.
- Complete and turn in a paper-based survey at your child’s school
Review how your preferences would change your child’s schedule.
We appreciate your time.
We’re all getting settled back into our Bryant routines, including weekly classroom visits to the Bryant library for books. Fourth Grader Luc is our featured reader this month, and you can view his full sized poster in the front of the library all month.
Watch for your opportunity to feature your favorite reader at the online auction later this year.
October is International Walk to School Month, and we are ready to celebrate Bryant’s walkers! On Friday mornings of Oct 7, 21, and 28, we hope you can join us at one of 4 walking bus stops.
7:30 am Gather at one of the 4 meeting points. Meet other Bryant parents and kids while enjoying a fall time treat.
7:40 am Start walking to school along the routes outlined in blue.
7:50 am Arrive at Bryant in an awesome display of kid-powered transport!
Meeting points (stars on the map):
- West Station: 30th Ave. NE/NE 60th St.
- South Station: 33rd Ave. NE/NE 55th St.
- North Station: 32nd Ave. NE/NE 65th St.
- East Station: 36th Ave. NE/NE 60th St.
Live NW of Bryant? On Fridays in October, Bryant parents are organizing a walking bus to school from the neighborhood, west of Third Place Books.
* 7:10 – 68th at 16th Ave
* 7:13 – 68th at 19th Ave
* 7:15 – 68th at Ravenna Ave
* 7:22 – 68th at 29th Ave
* 7:25 – 68th at 32nd Ave…then South to crosswalk
* 7:30 – 32nd at 65th St. Pause at the North Station to enjoy a treat before finishing the walk to school with the group!
Questions? Contact Michele Solis or Will Mitchell.