The 2017 Writer’s Celebration is right around the corner, and that means it’s time for the annual bookmark design contest! Bryant students are invited to design a bookmark based on a book (or related to a book or reading) on the bookmark entry form. Two winners from each grade will have their bookmarks copied and distributed during this year’s Writer’s Celebration (May 25th). Please use only dark ink or pencil, no colors. Your design must fit within the box shown on this page. Also, no tracing is allowed.
Entries must be received by Wednesday, May 10th. Questions? Contact Rachel Gleeson
Calling all Bryant Bikers — May is Bike to School Month, and Bryant’s Kickoff Event will take place on the playground after school Friday, April 28. Bring your bike for free bike tuning. Trick it out with bike decorations. Test your skills with the paper toss game. Sign up to track your trips in May.
Bryant’s annual carnival and fundraiser, the Bryant Blast, will take place on Saturday, May 13, from noon-4 p.m. We need you to join our team of nearly 255 volunteers to make this fun-filled day a success!
The Blast’s SignUp Genius site is open and ready for your support. Sign-up for your preferred volunteer job and time slot now! Don’t delay so you can choose the job of your choice.
This year’s Blast will include time honored favorites such as pony rides, sno-cones, cake walk, face painting and high sought after raffle baskets. We’ll also have 2 performances and kids workshops with Ropeworks for jump roping fun. New this year — Gaga Ball, Mathnasium.
We look forward to seeing you on May 13th!
Bryant’s 4th graders encourage eligible people in our community to sign up for our Blood Drive. Our goal is to reach 45 donations so we can give life-saving blood donations to our community! On May 13, the day of the Bryant Blast, we welcome participants to donate a pint of blood in the Bryant Library any time from 11 am to 5 pm (closed for staff lunch between 1 and 2 pm).
Our 4th graders have composed persuasive, heartfelt letters, posted on the Bryant Library website.
Sign up and make your donation appointment ahead of time.
Questions about eligibility? Visit the Bloodworks Northwest website. Other questions? Contact Anne Aliverti.
Approved Feb Board Meeting Minutes
- Online Auction raised $27,000
- Update on budgeting proces
Bryant Leadership Team
- Funding was restored for:
- for two teachers
- Fulltime librarian
- Vice Principles
- Still at risk of not be able to fund
- Math specialist
- 2 teachers
- Great that we’re coming out of the dark but this does not mean our budget crisis is resolved. Our work is not done and we need to continue to push for state funding of public education.
- Expecting an update on enrollment numbers in June which may add more funding
Special committee reports
- Online Auction
- Original goal was $12,000 we bumped it up to $18,000. Total raised was $27,000.
- Worked well to split the workload between 5 or 6 people
- Suggestions for next year to form the committee May/June
- Bryant Blast
- All key volunteers have been recruited
- No theme, no t-shirts, no crazy hats
- Blood drive: sign-up @ BryantSchoolLIbrary.org. Donate get free entry!
- Nominating Committee Open Positions
- Vice President
- Co-volunteer coordinator
- Laser Member Chad Barnes
- Board is in Mission/Vision statement process
- Moving towards a paperless systems for parents night out, camps,
- Sign-up for Laser will be online, look for info in May
- Still availability in Spring Break and Summer Camps
- Ms. Salisbury asked for an additional to fund 4th grade class fieldtrip to the Zoo $650 – Approved
- Nelly asked for $63 to support 5th grade Book-it – Approved
Treasurer report – no new business (Jennifer Mahlum)
- Mid-year financial review – we were found in compliance
Legislative Report – Update on Levy cliff (Shelley Prosise & Jean Charrette)
Principals report (Dan Sanger)
- Low enrollment is having a significant impact Bryant’s funding and as a result the number of teachers and class sizes and new north end schools will continue to draw enrollment away from Bryant
- Bryant’s approach to differentiated learning has reduced attrition of highly capable students by 75%
- Critical that we keep the pressure on the state to fund public education
Special Committee Reports (Julie Orhazda)
- Bryant Blast: May 13th, no special theme, no shirts, Need help with Raffle baskets
- Bryant Auction: $27,000
- Approved survey monkey vote for additional $150 for Speaker Series (Whitney Criesbach)
- Approved Nominating committee: Michelle, Lauren and Jannie
- Donation for memorial for Jessica Belzberg “Just for kids art fund” Memorial fund to help organize and impact kids and art. Approved motion to donate $250
- Global Reading request: ask for approval to increase the budget to $125 in the event that additional funds are needed.
- Call for Budget Committee Members: Looking for volunteers who are interested to know where your money goes (First meeting last week of March)