Bryant Running Club is open to all students, grades K-5, who are interested in running. Runners will meet with a volunteer coach to stretch, play running games, and run laps at their own pace. We will be meeting on the track and field at the back of the Bryant school playground from 2:25-3:10 p.m. on Fridays from September 22nd to October 27th. Another session will be offered in the spring semester. The cost is $5, and covers both fall and spring sessions.
You can download and fill out our Fall 2017 registration form and waiver. Please try to register by Wednesday, September 20th.
Interested in volunteering with the Bryant Running Club? We are looking for volunteers to help sign kids in and out, distribute tokens, and help facilitate activities. If you are interested in volunteering, please email Jim Stack.
First Day of Kindergarten
Mon, Sept 11
PTSA Welcome Tea & Coffee
Mon, Sept 11, 8am
PTSA September Board Meeting
Tues, Sept 12, 7pm
5th Graders at Islandwood
Kindergarten-4th Grade Curriculum Night
Thurs, Sept 28
We’d like to invite you to join us as members of the Bryant PTSA. Membership is a great way to support the largest volunteer association dedicated to child advocacy and programs benefitting children in Seattle and nationwide.
Top Five Reasons to Join the PTSA:
- Build a partnership between our school and our families.
- Vote on the Bryant PTSA budget, on resolutions, and for the Bryant PTSA Executive Board.
- Help fund PTSA scholarships and grants.
- Provide a legislative voice for our children in Olympia and in Washington, D.C.
- Get exclusive member discounts at businesses like Great Wolf Lodge, Barnes & Noble, and Kinko’s/Fedex
Your PTSA membership needs to be renewed every year. Hit the ground running this year. Download your membership form today and join one of the strongest PTSA’s in our region. For more information contact the Membership Co-Chairs Ann Sonnen and Mary-Britt Love.
All meetings are at 7pm in the Bryant Library unless otherwise noted. (Dates in bold are General Meetings)
September 12, 2017
Budget | Balance Sheet | 2016-17 Treasurer’s Report
October 10, 2017
Child care available through LASER
November 14, 2017
December 5, 2017
January 9, 2017
February 13, 2017
March 13, 2017
April 3, 2017
May 8 2017
June 12, 2017
Bryant PTSA Board Meeting Minutes
May 9, 2017
Approved April Board Meeting Minutes
Officer/Standing Committee Reports
- Reviewed the 2016-2017 balance sheet and treasurer’s report – Jennifer Mahlum
- Update from Legislative Chairs’ – Shelley Prosise & Jean Charette
- Bryant Leadership Team – Amy Shanafelt
- Principal’s Report – Dan Sanger
Special Committee Reports
- Budget Committee presented proposed 2017-2018 budget – Jennifer Mahlum
- Nominating Committee presented the 2017-2018 Board Slate – Julie Ohrazda
- Update on the upcoming event – Julie Ohrazda
- Approved $1000 PTSA donation the Friends of Robert Eagle MS PTSA to help them get started
For registration and information visit www.seattlease.org or follow the After School Enrichment link under the Enrichment tab. There you can view all of the class descriptions, and register and pay online all in one place.
There’s also limited space available for regular Wednesday early release classes that go until 2:30 or 3:30
Registration will close September 17th, with classes starting the first week of October.
It’s what we’ve all been waiting for… Bryant’s Ice Cream Social will be Friday, 6:30-8pm. Celebrate your first week back at Bryant (or if you’re a Kindergartener, get a head-start on friend-making). Catch up with all the old buddies as well as make new friends. One bowl for $3 or two bowls for $5 supports the 4th Graders as they start raising funds for 5th Grade camp. Enter through the set of three doors on the southwest side of the building adjacent to the Bryant “Hands On Garden.”