Bryant Equity and Inclusion Committee Mission and Responsibilities
The mission of the Bryant PTSA Equity and Inclusion Committee is to further inclusion and belonging for all families at Bryant by recognizing and celebrating our community’s diversity and addressing the needs of those furthest from educational justice.
As part of this work we will:
- Develop guidance for examining existing and future PTSA programming through an equity lens.
- Support the work of the staff’s Race Equity Team (RET).
- Find meaningful ways to assess Bryant’s families’ needs with regards to equity and inclusion and to follow up
- Participate in the Northend PTSA Social Justice and Equity Partnership to leverage learnings and collaborative efforts with our neighboring NE Seattle schools
More to come including:
- Families of Color Resource Group – We are establishing a resource and support group for families of color at Bryant and hope to have it up and running over the summer. If you are interested in joining or have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Anti-racist Book Club Calendar
Contact the equity co-chairs at email@example.com with any questions.