Bryant’s annual carnival and fundraiser, the Bryant Blast, will take place on Saturday, May 13, from noon-4 p.m. We need you to join our team of nearly 255 volunteers to make this fun-filled day a success!
The Blast’s SignUp Genius site is open and ready for your support. Sign-up for your preferred volunteer job and time slot now! Don’t delay so you can choose the job of your choice.
This year’s Blast will include time honored favorites such as pony rides, sno-cones, cake walk, face painting and high sought after raffle baskets. We’ll also have 2 performances and kids workshops with Ropeworks for jump roping fun. New this year — Gaga Ball, Mathnasium.
We look forward to seeing you on May 13th!
There are still plenty of spaces open for this year’s K-3 Science Night! Parents of young scientists should reserve a spot for their child by emailing me the child’s name and grade. K-3 Science Night will be held on Thursday, March 30th in the Bryant gym/cafeteria from 6:30-7:30PM. The deadline for sign ups is Monday, March 27th.
This week’s featured demonstration will help you figure out how much air your lungs can hold. Don’t worry, you won’t have to dissect yourself to find out! All you’ll need is some plastic tubing, a water bottle, some water, and the instructions from this Science Kids website. There you can also find lots of other great ideas for simple experiments and demonstrations.
For more information on K-3 Science Night, or to find links to great resources for experiments, please visit the K-3 Science Night webpage.
Natalya Yudkovsky, K-3 Science Night Organizer
The Bryant Blast will be held on Saturday, May 13th from 12 pm – 4 pm. Plan for pony rides, fun games and activities, sno-cones, tasty food and much, much more!
Wanna help plan the Blast? It can’t happen without you! We need assistance in the following areas. Contact the Blast Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in helping.
- Raffle Baskets — Love to shop? Enjoy creating fun prize baskets? Then this is the job for you! Join our raffle basket team to assist with collecting items and creating these highly sought after Blast items!
- Crazy Hats — Do you enjoy seeing what fun creations Bryant kids come up with to sell at the Blast? We need 1 to 2 volunteer to take the lead in getting hat supplies to rooms, collecting finished hats and determining ticket price per hat for the day of the Blast. No artistic talent needed!
- Face Paint Lead — Do you have a flair for face painting or just enjoy creating a fun space for kids to get an awesome design on Blast day? We need 1 volunteer to take the reins and organize the designs for the day. Much of this work is already complete from last year’s lead. This position doesn’t require much time but you’d need to be available to set up the station on the day of the Blast.
Calling all young scientists! If your child asks a lot of questions, likes to take things apart, enjoys building, or is constantly observing the world around them, then sign them up for K-3 Science Night. K-3 Science Night will be held on Thursday, March 30th in the Bryant gym/cafeteria from 6:30-7:30pm. The total number of presentations/demonstrations is limited to 95 due to space constraints, so sign up early to reserve a spot for your child or group. Parents of young scientists should reserve a spot for their child by emailing me the child’s name and grade. The deadline for sign ups is Monday, March 27th.
For more information on K-3 Science Night or to find links to great resources for experiments, please visit the K-3 Science Night webpage. Read more
The 24th Annual 5th Grade Bryant Science Fair is coming soon! Please join the 5th grade students and their Scientist Mentors from UW for fascinating science presentations and demonstrations. All Bryant students and families are invited to this celebration of science.
When? Thursday, March 9th, 7-8pm.
Where? 5th Grade hallway and classrooms
When does my 5th grader need to be at their display board?
Students will have each signed up for a shift to present their display boards. Check with your student to see if they are on Shift A (7-7:30 pm ) or Shift B (7:30-8pm).
Questions? Contact Lauren Abraham
The Bryant online auction opens on March 6. One week to go! Get ready for the bidding fun with a sneak peek at everything the committee has gathered for this year’s auction. See the more than 200 items donated by our local community at 32auctions.com/Bryant2017.
If you love Bryant, and the great community our school fosters and serves, this is an exciting way to show your support. It’s ALSO an awesome way to support the neighborhood businesses that generously stepped up to donate items for our auction. All proceeds go directly to the Bryant PTSA, which works tirelessly to give back to the school that gives our kids so much.
Indeed, our auction builds community on many levels; we’re excited to open it to you now for a preview! What will you find? Here are just a few examples:
- Gift cards to local restaurants, cafes and breweries
- Sports tickets and fan packages
- Museum passes
- Unique experiences, including a KOMO 4 station tour and lunch with a Seattle City councilmember
- Teacher experiences, from movie matinees to songwriting lessons
- Priceless pieces of art, created by our students
So visit 32auctions.com/Bryant2017 today and check out all the great items. Be sure you send the link to your friends and family — all are welcome to bid!
Mark your calendar for the auction, which opens March 6 at 6 a.m. and closes March 13 at 10 p.m. And we’ll see you online!
Questions? Get in touch with us at email@example.com. Thank you!
Do you like to figure out how things work? Are you interested in plants and animals? Do you ask your parents a lot of questions about the world around you? Do you like to mix things together, touch things, and perform experiments at home? Then, get ready to be a scientist at K-3 Science Night!