November 12, 2013
Notice of Meeting
Bryant Calendar & Bryant Weekly
Kathy Gerke, Robin Metcalf, Amy Shanafelt, Dan Sanger, Ann-Marie Spata, Kristin Lundquist*, Jenna Fengman*, Meghan Delaney, Meta Godsell, Becky Mackle, Kathy Hughes, Joan Crooks, Charise Randell*, Patricia Parker*, Liza Caputo, Laura Larkin, Layla Taylor, Ellen Gryj*, Jennifer Mahlum, Michelle Ireton
*Attended but did not sign
7:05 Welcome and Introduction (Kathy Gerke)
Approve September 2013 Minutes (Meta Godsell)
Officer/Standing Committee Reports
- Treasurer’s Report (Robin Metcalf/Amy Shanafelt)
Presented Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss
Amy will look into decreasing fees from $250 to $225 this year.
Special Committee Reports
- Review of request for library funds Kathy Gerke
Motioned to approve request from previous amount of $8,000 to increased amount of $10,000 to the Library Material Fund. See Motion #1.
- Roots of Empathy fund request Kathy Gerke
This time sensitive request of $540 was approved by the board via email and has been paid.
- Exploring Online Database Options Patricia Parker
Kathy recommends putting a task force to further look into the Sumac database.
The task force will be:
Sumac – Patricia Parker
Sumac – Jennifer Mahlum
PTSA Volunteer Coordinator – Liza Caputo
ASE Coordinator – Layla Taylor
Annual Campaign Treasurer – Jenny Estep
Co-PTSA Treasurers – Robin Metcalf / Amy Shanafelt
PTSA Website – Kim Love
Big List – Claudine Benmar
Bryant Weekly – Kim Blakeley
The task force will report back at the December or January Meeting.
- Bryant Elementary Arts Planning/Art Committee Curriculum Charise Randell
$2,200 was approved to fund the Art Committee Curriculum. See Motion #2.
- Family Support Funding request Kristen Lundquist
Motion to approve additional $1,000, but was amended to be increased to $2,000 to the Family Support Funding program. See Motion #3.
- Motion #1 made by Amy Shanafelt to approve a grant in the amount of $10,000 to the library material fund. Seconded by Becky Mackle.
- Motion #2 made by Becky Mackle to approve $2,200 to fund the Bryant Elementary Arts Planning/Art Committee Curriculum and consultant Audrey Querns. Seconded by Meghan Delaney.
- Motion #3 made by Joan Crooks to approve additional $2,000 for the Family Support Funding program. Seconded by Meta Godsell.
Meeting Adjourned at 9:09pm