Your membership in the Bryant PTSA lets you affect advocacy for our students at the school, regional and national levels. Your annual membership dues are only $12 per person or $20 for a household of two, the majority of your dues fund our dues in the larger PTSA/PTA organizations.
- $1.50/member to the Seattle Council PTSA
- $5.75/member to the Washington State PTA
- $2.25/member to the National PTA
The PTSA and PTA, as powerful regional and national voting blocs, advocate for students and provide legislative voice for children in Olympia and Washington, D.C. This year, the state PTA and city PTSA are working to pressure the legislature to honor the McCleary decision to properly fund and prioritize education in the state. The Seattle Council PTSA has outlined steps to advocate for funding McCleary in its Paramount Duty campaign, which we’ll be discussing at our November PTSA meeting.
What else do you get out of your PTSA membership?
- Decide what programs our general fund money supports during our annual budgeting process, and vote on the resulting proposed budget. This process is open to ALL PTSA members
- Our membership in the larger PTSA/PTA organizations gets us insurance for PTSA sponsored programs and events, like ASE classes and school carnivals and festivals
- Vote on PTSA general membership resolutions and for the Executive Committee
- Receive member exclusive discounts at places like Great Wolf Lodge and FedEx/Kinko’s.