For registration and information visit www.seattlease.org or follow the After School Enrichment link under the Enrichment tab. There you can view all of the class descriptions, and register and pay online all in one place.
There’s also limited space available for regular Wednesday early release classes that go until 2:30 or 3:30
Registration will close September 17th, with classes starting the first week of October.
It’s what we’ve all been waiting for… Bryant’s Ice Cream Social will be Friday, 6:30-8pm. Celebrate your first week back at Bryant (or if you’re a Kindergartener, get a head-start on friend-making). Catch up with all the old buddies as well as make new friends. One bowl for $3 or two bowls for $5 supports the 4th Graders as they start raising funds for 5th Grade camp. Enter through the set of three doors on the southwest side of the building adjacent to the Bryant “Hands On Garden.”
Look for colored signs on the playground the first few days of school marking where your classroom lines up. That will also be where you should meet your student at the end of the day. And remember, school gets out early every Wednesday (except the first day for 1st-5th) at 1:10pm!
Then, once you see them off on that first day, join us in the lunchroom Wed, Sept 6 and Mon, Sept 11 from 8-9am for our First Day Welcome with breakfast treat and rub shoulders with school principals and PTSA leaders to see how you can engage with Bryant this year.
Tuesday, Sept 5,
4 to 5pm in your assigned classrooms
The third grade team invites the newest third graders to visit their classrooms, introduce themselves to their teachers and bring in all those heavy school supplies before the big day.
Kindergarten Open House
Tuesday, Sept 5
1-2pm in assigned classrooms
2-3pm on the Bryant playground
All our incoming Kindergarteners are invited to visit with their teachers and explore their new classrooms on Tuesday. You should be hearing from your teacher soon to learn your classroom assignment and schedule your introductory meetings. Then stick around for the final Kinder playdate out on the Bryant playground. Celebrate the end of summer and make some new friends for the entire family!
Bryant parent volunteers who have direct contact with students such as classroom volunteers, field trip chaperones, volunteers providing support on the Playground and in the Lunchroom; volunteers providing support in the Computer Lab, Library, Running Club, Math Champs, Chess Club, Art Docents, Room Parents, Writer’s Celebration, Field Day, Bryant Blast, Drama and other activities need to complete the following requirements:
- Complete the Volunteer Application-Screening-Disclosure Form (p.1-4) annually (school year) (download to your hard drive then fill out on your computer or print out and fill by hand)
- Provide a copy of valid photo ID* (*Only submit a copy of your valid photo ID if it has expired since the last time you submitted a screening form)
- Review the on-line Volunteer Handbook
- Review the Volunteer Policy #5630
- Complete the on-line Adult Sexual Misconduct Prevention course (one time) **(17 minutes) Please forward the SPS confirmation email to email@example.com
We’d like to invite you to join us as members of the Bryant PTSA. Membership is a great way to support the largest volunteer association dedicated to child advocacy and programs benefitting children in Seattle and nationwide.
Top Five Reasons to Join the PTSA:
- Build a partnership between our school and our families.
Vote on the Bryant PTSA budget, on resolutions, and for the Bryant PTSA Executive Board.
- Help fund PTSA scholarships and grants.
- Provide a legislative voice for our children in Olympia and in Washington, D.C.
- Get exclusive member discounts at businesses like Great Wolf Lodge, Barnes & Noble, and Kinko’s/Fedex
Your PTSA membership needs to be renewed every year. Hit the ground running this year. Download your membership form today and join one of the strongest PTSA’s in our region. For more information contact the Membership Co-Chairs Ann Sonnen and Mary-Britt Love.