Warm weather has finally arrived in Seattle and students are shedding their coats, and they all ended up in the Bryant Lost and Found! We have over 300 coats in the lost and found. Please come by and claim lost property. All unclaimed items will be donated on June 14th
- Auction Donation Deadline: February 1
- Auction Date: March 5-12
- Online Auction Total Page Views: 24,975
- Auction Goal: $18,000 (to begin with, then upped to $28,500)
- Number of auction items/spots: 714
- Total Auction Participants: 241
- # of Bids: 1,774
- Amount Raised (approx.): $34,472
- Percentage of Goal Raised: 120%
- Total Fair Market Value of Auction Goods (390 items with FMV): $48,998.04
- Bids to Fair Market Value Ratio: 5%
- We continued this year with the stand-alone auction week in early March; it works very well. Beneficial to allow us to promote for the auction with minimal overlap with other events.
- Auction communications were augmented this year to fully utilize all channels available: Bryant Weekly, Big List, PTSA website, PTSA Facebook, school signage and kid mail. Frequency was increased, and we garnered 37 more auction bidders this year.
- We were asked not to directly solicit teachers (not including Mr. Sanger and Ms. Pearson) for teacher experiences. In the end, we had seven teacher-sponsored events volunteered entirely on the teachers’ own accord.
- We worked to make up for a potential short-fall in revenue with the loss of teacher experiences by offering more parent experiences. We had 16 events hosted/sponsored by Bryant parents this year, which was more than last year.
- Would like to form committee in May or June so that auction committee can meet and get started in September. Some businesses require solicitation in September.
- Please include Online Auction Committee in first-day packet as a volunteer opportunity.
- We had eight active committee members this year. That was three more than 2017, but the load is still extremely large. It would be better to have 10-12 people on the committee. We could use help recruiting volunteers for next year.
Bryant PTSA Board Minutes
April 3, 2018 7:00pm
Notice of Meeting
Bryant Weekly, Bryant Calendar, School Posters
In Attendance: Kim Love, Julie Ohrazda, Brita Willis, Whitney Griesbach, Leeann Huntington, Sara Fenzl, Tammy Shorr, Shelley Prosise, Jean Charette, Mary-Britt Love, Ann Sonnen, Michelle Ireton, Jennifer Mahlum, Kaie Salisbury, Dan Sanger, Julie Pearson, Anne Vold, Sam Fogg
Welcome and Introductions
Approved February Meeting Minutes – no changes
Officer/Standing Committee Reports
Treasurer’s Report — Brita Willis & Nelly Goodnoe
- Have collected $145K toward $150K of the annual campaign donations
- Collected $32K from the 2018 auction
- Awarded First Grade Community Builder event grant
Auction Report — Kim Love
- Original goal was 12K, but ended up doing 34K. Netted $32K after credit card fees.
- See Auction Fast Facts
Legislative Chairs — Shelley Prosise & Jean Charette
- March 14th and March 24th – Bryant participated in marches against gun violence
- Bryant Elementary was second school to pass resolution against violence, now in 30 area schools
Bryant Leadership Team — Kim Love
- No report as the BLT had not yet met
Principal’s Report — Dan Sanger
- SBAC April 24th – June 1st
- Full time counselor position has been posted for 2018-19
- Art Position will be 1 FTE – will help lead Artist in Residence & Art Docent
- Global Reading group won 1st place
Special Committee Reports — None
Special Orders — None
PTSA fiscal sponsor of playground proposal — Kim Love
- Community group must apply for City of Seattle Neighborhood Matching grant. PTSA would act as fiscal sponser of project to renovate Bryant’s current playgroup. Minimal to no risk for PTSA.
- Motion Approved: PTSA will be the fiscal sponsor for the City of Seattle Neighborhood grant
7:50 Meeting Adjourned