Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Attendees: Amy Shanafelt, Nelly Goodnoe, Julie Ohrazda, Jennifer Mahlum, Kim Love, Rachel Schaw, Whitney Griesbach, Kim Larsen, Katie Speizer, Janie Booth, Shelly Prosise, Jean Charrette, Mary-Britt Love, Kate Salisbury, Ann Sonnen, Michelle Ireton, Lauren Abraham, Anne Alverti, Julie Pearson, Dan Sanger, Sam Fogg, Jason Smith, Tiffany Smith, Kevin Orr
Welcome and Introductions Amy Shanafelt & Julie Orhazda
Approve November & December Meeting Minutes -approved with the following correction
- Potential negative effect if the legislative doesn’t fully fund education would mean loss of positions (teachers, librarians, vice principal, etc.)
7:15-7:25 New Business
Steve Garlid shared feedback from some of the staff about the silent auction. Amy and Julie will schedule a follow-up discussion with Steve & the fundraising chairs to dig in and formulate a recommendation.
7:25 –8:05 Officer/Standing Committee Reports
- Treasurer’s Report (7:25 -7:35) Jennifer Mahlum
No new update
- Legislative Report (7:35-7:45) Shelley Prosise & Jean Charette
- Shelly & Jean will make postcards available before and after school for those who want to send a letter to their state legislature to demand support for funding the levy.
- Dan Sanger spoke regarding the potential impact to Bryant
- There was another vote on bell times. Barring any additional funding, there will continue to be a three tiered system.
- Bryant Leadership Team (7:45 –7:55) Amy Shanafelt
Two areas of focus for the next meeting.
- Improving communication between the building and home
- Building culture and reducing student anxiety
- Principal’s Report (7:55 -8:05) Dan Sanger
- Thank you to Amy Shanafelt for building and installing the pedestrian flags
- Thank you Julie for working with the city to improve some of the traffic flow signage and increase drop off space
Meeting adjourned at 8:15