Bryant Chess Club is a parent-run club open to all students (K-5th) of all skill levels to meet, play, and learn more about chess.
Chess club is organized by Bryant parents and taught by hired coaches in the community. Players are placed in groups based on general skill and grade level. Emphasis is placed on sportsmanship, learning to play a good game of chess, making new friends, and having fun. In addition to attending chess club, players are encouraged to attend scholastic chess tournaments.
2022-23 Chess Club Date/Times
- This year the chess club will meet on Tuesdays from 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. (10 classes): April 18, 15; May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30; June 6, 13, 20.
- There is a $145 fee for the 10-class session ($14.50/class). This fee pays for coaches and scholarships. The parents who organize the chess club volunteer their time.
- This year the Bryant Chess Club will be working with the Orlov Chess Academy to provide in-person classes.
- Please register and provide payment through the Orlov Chess Academy website https://chessplayer.com/product/after-school-clubs/. Select Bryant Elementary on the Club Sign Up page. In the comments box, please also indicate your child’s chess experience. There will be flexibility for advanced players to move up. Please send requests for scholarships directly to the Bryant Chess Club at BryantElementaryChessClub@gmail.com.
- The registration deadline is 4/17.
What to Expect:
- Coaches will lead a combination of instructional, interactive, and play-based learning experiences. Knowledge of moves recommended. Improve your problem-solving skills, train your memory, think, and plan ahead. Learn chess tactics, solve chess puzzles, play competitive and just-for-fun games! Workbooks and other teaching materials are provided, just come ready to learn!