Important short-term volunteer need
The PTSA Nominating Committee is forming now and seeking additional volunteers. We have an amazing opportunity to support our students and community in the coming school year. The Nominating Committee plays an essential role in April and May – working as a team to identify a diverse group of candidates to fill open roles in the PTSA Board. Please contact email@example.com to join the committee or express an interest in board leadership in 2021-2022.
- 3+ volunteers needed
- No prior experience required – WA PTA and Bryant PTSA will provide materials to get you started
- Representation matters! The Nominating Committee will be seeking candidates to represent diverse perspectives from our community
- Timing: The committee will be formed ASAP, they will present a draft slate of candidates at the May PTSA meeting, and elections will be held at the June PTSA meeting
- Questions? We’d be happy to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please consider volunteering to join this short-term committee in the important work of planning for an amazing year ahead for our students, our building, and our community email@example.com
- Thursday January 21 from 6:00pm – 7:00pm
- Thursday February 4 from 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Bryant teachers would love to have your help in the remote learning model. Some examples: lead a virtual field trip to a museum or other educational venue, tech room parent-provide tech support to teachers and parents, plan/manage celebrations- holiday, birthdays, etc.
NEW BRYANT PARENT VOLUNTEERS
Hello, new Bryant Parents! We look forward to welcoming you as a volunteer. Engage in volunteer opportunities in the virtual classroom or volunteer for PTSA activities.
Go to: https://www.seattleschools.org/volunteerapplication to complete volunteer requirements and the Seattle Public Schools (SPS) online volunteer application.
All SPS volunteer information is on this website. The application process takes about 40 minutes and the online application is available in multiple languages.
RETURNING APPROVED BRYANT PARENT VOLUNTEERS
If you completed a SPS online volunteer application from 2018 to date, volunteers need to renew their background check every 2 years. If you can’t volunteer this year, your volunteer application stays in the system. When you’re ready to volunteer again, see directions below for renewing.
Volunteers will receive notification a month before their background check is due to expire.
How to log into the SPS volunteer portal and renew or update your information:
- Visit https://good.samaritan.com/custom/521/forgot_password
- Enter the email address you used to apply with us originally
- Enter your birth date
- An email will be sent to you shortly with a link to create a password (check your junk/bulk/spam box if you can’t locate it)
- Visit the portal login page at https://good.samaritan.com/custom/521/volunteer_login and begin updating your application
- Click on “EDIT PROFILE” to review and update your application
- Be sure to click “SAVE” at the bottom for your application before exiting the page
- Moving forward you can login with your established password at https://good.samaritan.com/custom/521/volunteer_login