All families are invited to the Bryant Dance held in the school cafeteria. The dance is free! There will be pizza, snacks, candy, bottled water, and light up toys for sale. There will also be a “guess the jar” raffle. CASH ONLY. Kids need an adult to attend with them.
Date: Saturday, February 10th
Time: 4PM to 6PM
Monday, Jan 15th, 2024 at 10:00am-11:30am.
During the annual MLK Service Day Event, our Bryant community comes together to purchase, sort, and deliver new hygiene, snacks and clothing to the Miller and Meadowbrook Community Centers. These centers provide showers for the homeless and others in need. The following new products are most needed (listed in order of importance)
- Socks, Gloves, Dental Products, First Aid, Snacks, Travel Soap and Shampoo, Deodorant, Underwear, Thermal Shirts, Nail Clippers, Q-Tips, Personal Wipes, Lotion, Lip Balm (please no sanitizer or mouthwash)
WAYS TO HELP:
1. Purchase bulk items from the registry
Items will be sent to the event coordinator’s home, opened by scouts, and taken to the event at Bryant Elementary. Please ensure delivery on or before Sunday, Jan.14th.
2. Gather items on your own to bring directly to the event. Traveling during the holiday? Consider gathering extra travel shampoo and soaps from your hotel.
3. Attend the event – Families arrive at the outdoor basketball courts at 10am. This year, we are assembling 4 different kits:
- snack/nutrition kits
- hygiene kits
- first aid kits
- dental kits
Music will be played, Starbucks coffee will be served, and special treats will be provided by Bryant mom and pâtissier Andrea Westerfield.
Bryant Elementary WELCOMES Prospective Families – 2024!
Bryant PTSA and staff welcome you to our community and hope you can attend an INFORMATIONAL NIGHT PROGRAM for you to explore Bryant as a potential school for your Kindergarten-5th grade student in the 2024-2025 academic year.
Although there are some new families with incoming students in grades 1-5 next year very much of this Open House night is biased towards the usual annual enrollment of about 100 kinderkids. However, we expect to have a tour & Q & A focused for families sending an older student.
Some classrooms will be open (grades 1-5, teachers not present) as we consider entering Bryant a six-year experience, K through grade 5. K teachers ARE present.
- When: Thursday January 18th, 2024 at 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Bryant library – right on main floor as you enter the building
- Who: YOU, Bryant PTSA members, administrator, K teachers, LASER representative (on-site after-school childcare)
- What: Hear about our school, kindergarten, PTSA programs, LASER daycare, and more…
- visit classrooms K-5, meet Kindergarten teachers.
- Why: we want you to appreciate Bryant as much as we do!!! 😊
We plan for a brief introductory program providing an overview of Bryant. Then place kinder-parents in random groups of 8-12 led by a current Bryant parent volunteer to escort you throughout the building stopping in each kindergarten room with K teachers waiting for you.😉
You will have the opportunity to speak with, listen to and ask questions of the K teachers.
Please note this is an adult-only program – the conversations, topics and explanations are all aimed at adults. – Thank you for understanding.
Bryant’s well-known NEW FAMILY NIGHT directed towards students and families enrolled at Bryant occurs in June 2024. It is full-family focused (children encouraged to attend).
You are welcome to help us prepare for your visit by emailing Kevin G. Gallagher, event manager and former kindergarten teacher, at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding Thursday January 18th attendance. Ask any questions of him that may help you prepare for this event.
It is not required to do so, but helps us in planning.
Hope to see you there!
The Bryant After School Enrichment Program classes for the Winter sessions are now available for preview:
Registration and payments are taken online through the site.
Registration will open on Sunday December 10th at noon and close December 24th.
Winter classes start January 2nd.
Contact the ASE Coordinator email@example.com for further information.
SPS Volunteer Portal (samaritan.com)
Renew or Update Your Volunteer Application – Seattle Public Schools (seattleschools.org)
Doublecrosse Registration is OPEN! Registration will CLOSE on Jan 19th, or when registration is full….act now!