Monday, December 12, 2016
Attendees: Leann Huntington, Maura Wixey, Joan Crooks, Angela Kirk, Sally Shi, Amy Shanafelt, Nelly Goodnoe, Julie Ohrazda, Jennifer Mahlum, Kim Love, Rachel Schaw, Whitney Griesbach, Kim Larsen, Shelly Prosise, Jan Charrette, Ann Sonnen, Michelle Ireton, Lauren Abraham, Anne Aliverti, Julie Pearson, Dan Sanger, Katie Salisbury
Officer/Standing Committee Reports
- Treasurer’s Report (Jennifer Mahlum)
- Legislative Report (Shelly Prosise & Jean Charrette)
- Paramount Duty: Motion to support the Seattle PTSA motion to demand that the State Legislation to fully fund education. -Approved
- Bell times
- SeattlePTSA advocacy google group coordinating @ next Board meeting on Jan 4th, 2017 4:15 -8:00 @ John Sandford Center.
- To provide extra feedback to Seattle School Board please email firstname.lastname@example.org and voice your opinion.
- Bryant Leadership Team (BLT) Update (Kim Love)
- Catastrophic Even Protocol: Working on proposal for pick/up drop off in the event of a catastrophe. This will be communicated to parents once the proposal is final.
- Multi-tiered system of reports: Committee is looking how we create structures that support students of concern who have reading/writing/math within the school or classroom
- Principal Report (Dan Sanger)
- Potential negative effect if the legislative doesn’t fully fund education would mean loss of positions (teachers, librarians, vice principals, etc.)
- Encourage us all to get involved to affect the decisions that are made in Olympia.
Special Committee Reports
- Blood Drive (Kim Love)
- Looking to get 25 committed blood donors. Email Kim Love (email@example.com)
- Global Reading request (Anne Aliverti)
- Approved request to fund an additional bus for competition
Meeting Adjourned 9:10pm