The Martin Luther King Jr. holiday on Jan. 18, 2021, is the 26th anniversary of the day of service celebrating the Civil Rights leader’s life and legacy.
Observed as “a day on, not a day off,” MLK Day is the only federal holiday designated as a national day of service to encourage all Americans to volunteer to improve their communities.
Please join us in taking an opportunity to observe, serve or participate in your own way! Here is a collection of ideas to consider; please let us know if you have other suggestions:
- The King Center | The Center for Nonviolent Social Change
- Sea MLK Jr Coalition (seattlemlkcoalition.org)
- 17 Virtual Events to Celebrate MLK’s Legacy with Your Kids (redtri.com)
- MLK Weekend 2020: Seattle-Area Events for Families (parentmap.com)
- Honoring MLK Jr. Day | United Way of King County (uwkc.org)
- The Top Seven MLK Day 2020 Events in Seattle (thestranger.com)
- MLK Day of Service (nationalservice.gov)