Key updates from Seattle Public Schools – updated 3/29/2021
By now you have received several important updates from Seattle Public Schools about the opportunity to return to in-person classrooms at Bryant this spring. We’d like to call out several important resources for families. All students, remote or in-person/hybrid, will be facing some changes in April. Please let Bryant PTSA board members know how we can help you find information and support students.
- 2021 In-person learning plan: Update to Stage 2 Remote/Phased Return outlined on this SPS page.
- March 29 – 31: We are in the asynchronous learning period. Educators are receiving health and safety trainings and preparing classrooms for students.
- April 5: New Kindergarten to 5th grade hybrid in-person and remote learning models go into effect.
- New Illustrative schedules have been shared by SPS for reference.
- New Bell Times: The school board has approved a new bell schedule for Elementary and K-8 schools: After the asynchronous learning period, on April 1st, all classes will start at 8:00 a.m. daily and will remain at this earlier time through the end of the school year for remote classrooms. The following hybrid schedule will go into effect for in-person classrooms:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday:
- Morning Block: 8 – 10:45 a.m.
- Afternoon Block: 11:45 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 8 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.: All students will be remote.
- Please refer to the SPS website for the full schedule and updates.
- Transportation: Yellow bus transportation services for in-person learning will be limited. Please refer to the SPS website for the latest information.
- The 2021-2022 School Year calendar has been posted here. Note: Kindergarten and Preschool first day changed to Thursday, September 9th. First through Twelfth grades will start on September 1st.
- Bryant updates: Principal Marshall and Assistant Principal Snookal will host an information session on Wed, March 31st at 6pm-7pm on Teams.