Friday, 17 May 2013 11:38
Welcome Bryant New Family Night
is June 6, 2013
6:00 PM-7:30 PM
Monday, 13 May 2013 09:38
Want to express admiration for a volunteer? Want to see the name of a teacher or staff member in lights? If so, please take the time to nominate them by Thursday, May 23.
Each year the Bryant PTSA gives several special awards to people who have given exemplary volunteer service to children in our community. The Golden Acorn Award traditionally recognizes and honors several individuals as part of a statewide PTA program. This year we will award a Golden Acorn to one teacher or other staff member and to one or more parents. The PTSA makes a contribution in the name of each of these individuals to the Washington State Scholarship Foundation. (The Foundation awards approximately $55,000 annually to high school graduates for post-secondary education.)
In addition, the Bryant PTSA traditionally honors one or more individuals with our local "Volunteer Extraordinaire" award. The award recognizes individuals who have made extraordinary contributions to Bryant during the past year.
We also honor Unsung Hero/Heroines.This award was created to recognize people who quietly, consistently and reliably do one job over a long period of time - one school year or several - or take on different tasks as needed and never fail to be there to do them. These folks are often working under the radar or behind the scenes but the contributions they make are incredibly valuable to the Bryant community.
The PTSA Awards committee will review all nominations and the volunteer recognition awards will be given at the PTSA General Meeting on Tuesday, June 11.
Friday, 10 May 2013 07:20
Visit the Bryant Blast Online Auction for web-exclusive packages. Bidding starts today and goes up to the Blast on May 18, so be sure to get your bids in for our exciting offerings.
Some things to look for:
- Reign Season tickets
- Vacation retreats
- Date Night outings
- Progressive dinner
- Health & Fitness packages
And don't forget to check out the catalog online for details on all that we'll have available on the web and at the Blast. New items added daily!
Thursday, 09 May 2013 09:38
From LASER Executive Director Sequoia Hartman
Hello Bryant Families! I am really looking forward to meeting you on registration day if I haven’t already!
Guidelines for Bryant registration day on Wednesday, May 15th:
- One family may register for up to 2 families only (example: a friend can’t make it to registration day because of work and you are bringing their paperwork in with you. You are registering your children and assisting your one friend’s family).
- Doors to the Laurelhurst gym will open at 6:00am for comfort purposes only. We will not be providing chairs, so please bring lawn or camping chairs for your comfort. Coffee, tea, light morning refreshments will be provided but please feel free to bring something to share (fruit, donuts, scones, muffins, etc are all welcome!).
- Children are welcome – we will have a game table, a drawing table, and outside play items available for use on our school playground. There will be no childcare provided; all LASER staff present will be available for registration purposes only. We ask that you use the South playground during this time as our AM Before school program will be in session.
- Registration will start at 8:00am exactly, according to the clock on Sequoia’s IPhone. At 9:45am, registrations will be received at the LASER portables at Laurelhurst.
- Registration materials will be available. We must have the following to secure your childcare spot:
- LASER at Bryant Contract
- LASER Enrollment/Authorization Form (front and back)
- Two (2) Emergency Cards (front and back)
- Certificate of Immunization Status (DEL form filled in)
- Parent Handbook Signed Authorization (you may keep the Handbook for your records)
- Proper payment (one month's deposit plus a $100 registration fee for each child) We accept cash (change not available), check, and visa/mastercard
- *Names, full addresses, phone numbers, doctor and dentist info, medical info, allergy info, and at least 5 emergency contacts are required. Please fill out the certificate of immunization even if you have a different form from your Doctor. We need a set of all paperwork for each child.
- You will only need to fill these forms out one time with LASER except for yearly before/after school and summer contracts.
6. Confirmation of your child’s enrollment will be emailed ASAP. You will be contacted by phone to discuss other options if care or days specified are not available at Bryant.
7. Mailed registrations received before 8:00am, May 15, 2013 will be processed beginning at 9:45am, May 15th, 2013.
Tuition info, the LASER Parent Handbook can all be found on the LASER website at www.laserchildcare.org
We look forward to seeing you soon!
LASER Executive Director
Wednesday, 08 May 2013 10:23
The district announced the Start and End times for the 2013-14 school year.
9:20 AM First Bell
9:25 AM Tardy Bell
3:35 PM Dismissal Time
Friday, 03 May 2013 10:37
Leave the games to the kids and join us on stage for opportunities to walk away with great deals brought to you by more than 100 local businesses and Bryant families. Take home merchandise, gift certificates, vacation packages and exciting experiences for your family. Browse the online catalog today and start strategizing. Join forces with friends to go in for the bigger packages.
There will be four different ways to support the PTSA during the Bryant Blast.
Check out the on-line auction today for some fantastic web-exclusive packages. Bidding starts May 7th. Winners will be announced, time permitting, at the Bryant Blast on May 18th. We’ll start taking checks on-site. If no payment is received by Friday, May 24, the item goes to the next highest bidder.
In addition to the online auction, we’ll be hosting a silent auction at the Blast. We’ll announce winning bids on-site. No need to be present. If no payment is received by Friday, May 24, the item goes to the next highest bidder.
Sign up or Spin The Prize Wheel
If you lack the nerves for bidding, we’ve got goodies for you, too. Simply sign up and buy experiences like camp sessions, the coveted Read Posters or ballroom dancing lessons. For a touch of excitement, step up and spin the wheel to win merchandise and gift certificates. For $20 a spin, you’re guaranteed to walk away with a prize valued between $20 to $100. Sorry, adults only at the prize wheel.
Remember, start bidding on-line on May 7, and we’ll see you at the Blast!
Thursday, 02 May 2013 15:59
In order to give our families sufficient time to ask questions and process information we have changed the date of the LASER Information Night.
Tuesday, May 7th
Thursday, 02 May 2013 11:52
The After School Classes Coordinator is primarily responsible for the overall organization, administration, development, supervision and implementation of the physical, language, and arts programs delivered afterschool at the Bryant Elementary School.
Position closes Friday, May 17th
Interviews Tuesday, May 21st
Tuesday, 30 April 2013 06:55
Join us for our next PTSA General Meeting
Tuesday, May 14th
Hear about the PTSA's Budget proposal for the 2013-14 school year and stay for a little wit and wisdom from Julie Metzger.
PTSA General Meeting
Julie Metzger's The Young and the Restless: The Social Lives of our Children
"It can be challenging in the moment to know how to help our children communicate effectively and build healthy relationships. These moments can be as simple as not getting invited to a birthday party or being teased at recess. A review of latest research on social dynamics of children and strategies for kids and parents."
Hope to see you there!
Page 1 of 6«StartPrev123456NextEnd»