Want to know how you can win one of those amazing raffle baskets that will be on the stage during the Bryant Blast? Can’t come to the Blast? Now you can pre-order Raffle tickets and the raffle committee will do all of the work for you!
Just return your order form to the front office or through kid mail along with a check made out to the Bryant PTSA and your work is done! We have already received some show stopping items for those much anticipated baskets and you can take it all home for just $1! Read more
We’re about halfway to filling all our spots, but there are still some choice jobs available indoors and out, including staffing our new Beat the Bucket game which you won’t want to miss! Parent and community volunteers are essential to making Blast a success, so please sign up now. Shifts are about 2 hours long, so you’ll have plenty of time to enjoy the Blast when you’re not on the clock. There are also special shifts just for our 5th graders. Be sure to sign them up for one or two shifts. The younger kids love to see them!
The Bryant Elementary PTSA board consists of a President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Membership Chair, Volunteer Coordinator, Fundraising Chair, Legislative Chair, Member-at-Large, and Teacher Representatives.
These positions are extremely important to our school and community. We are thankful for the wonderful and dedicated parents that fill these roles every year! If you are a member of the PTSA and have an interest in a board position or know of others with interest, please contact the Nominating Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome anyone with the desire and commitment to get involved.
For 2016-2017, we have several open positions, including Co-Treasurer and Legislative Chair. Read more
Thank you for completing the parent survey posted a couple of weeks ago. Your feedback is very valuable as the PTSA helps to align after school activities with the new bell times.
Several important themes emerged from the survey.
- More parents will require after school child care. 50% of parents said they will now need to secure child care because of the new bell times.
- No morning programs. Only Bike/Walk to Bryant and Safety Patrol/ Crossing Guard Duty would remain in the morning, all other programs would need to move to the afternoon.
- Participation in Clubs, ASE, & other programs seem unaffected by bell times.
- Participation in Clubs, ASE, & other programs improve when time is increased to 2 hours.
Show your support for Bryant and order the Blast t-shirt designed by 5th grader, Beck Sweeney. New this year is the chance to artistically personalize your shirt AT the 2016 Bryant Blast T-shirt table!
Download and submit your order forms by Friday, April 29th.
Questions? Contact Jamie Lynn Kimbrough
May is Bike to School Month, and Bike to Bryant is ready to celebrate with fun events for all. Save these dates:
- Friday, April 29 Bike Month Kickoff, on the playground after school: Come get your bike tuned up for free, decorate your bike, play games, and sign up to participate in bike month.
- Wednesday, May 4 Bike to School Day. Meet at Top Pot at 8:30 in the morning, enjoy some donuts and coffee, then ride to school together. This is a parent-escorted event.
- Friday, May 27 Obstacles and Popsicles, on the playground after school: Test your skills on a bicycle obstacle course, and then relax with a popsicle.
The Bryant Bike Fairy and her entourage will also be looking for kids biking to school on Friday mornings through out May. Those “caught” will receive praise and prizes.
Questions? Contact Michele Solis or Will Mitchell
Hat bases are being delivered to the classrooms now. Let the creativity begin! This is an opportunity for you and your family to be imaginative. Your creation will be sold at the Blast! The crazier, the better – although elegant hats are fun too.
Turn them back in by Friday, May 6th. Collection bins will be available in the hallways starting on May 4th. Submit your hat flat to your teachers. Please do not staple the hats. They will be stapled by Blast volunteers. Read more