Note: Updated as of 3/31/21 6:18PM
Earlier this week we sent a message with links to forms that need to be completed before your child returns to in person learning on Monday. The way we sent these forms didn’t work for most families so we have attached PDFs to this message. Please drop your hard copies off in the tub at the front doors of the school (from 9-1) or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your forms attached. Please do this before Friday end of day.
Agreement and Family Instructions.pdf
Emergency Information and Student Release.pdf
Letter for Families- April 5th.pdf
Principal Charmaine (Char) Marshall and AP Heather Snookal
See below for important details about new drop off and pick up procedures for in-person learning from Principal Marshall:
Unlike previous years, we will not be allowing parents or families/adults to walk their children on to the playground for drop off or pick up. We know this is a change for you and our students returning to in-person learning. Please begin having conversations with your child about how drop off and pick up will go, as children thrive when they know what to expect and have time to process change.
We will have finalized drop off and pick up plans out to the community by the end of this week (April 2nd), however in the meantime, there are things you can do to prepare yourself and your family.
If you will be driving your child to school:
- You must have filled out your child’s health attestation before arriving to school by car.
- We will have a designated traffic flow pattern – well marked with signs. Drop off will be past the bus zone on 34th. This is designated by a blue smiley face on the map above.
- You will remain in your car and a staff member will escort your child to their class line up spot. Classes will line up on the playground and will be physically distanced from each other.
- To help us know your child’s name and where they need to go, please prepare a sign with your child’s first and last name and their teacher’s name in bolded letters to hold up when you arrive to the drop off/pick up location.
- Have your child’s backpack ready to go and mask already on so that when you arrive your child can give you a kiss and hug and hop out to be escorted in.
- When you pick up your child, you will need to have your name sign ready for staff to see. We will look down the line of cars and getting your children in anticipation.
If you will be walking with your child to school:
- You must have filled out your child’s health attestation before arriving to school on foot.
- You will drop your child off with a staff member at the entrance to the playground by the garden on 33rd. This is designated by a blue heart on the map above.
- Have your child’s mask on and backpack ready when you arrive to school to wait to be escorted on to the playground.
- Please prepare a sign with your child’s first and last name and their teacher’s name in bolded letters to hold up when you arrive to the walking drop off location. This will help with both arrival and pick up.
Important short-term volunteer need
The PTSA Nominating Committee is forming now and seeking additional volunteers. We have an amazing opportunity to support our students and community in the coming school year. The Nominating Committee plays an essential role in April and May – working as a team to identify a diverse group of candidates to fill open roles in the PTSA Board. Please contact email@example.com to join the committee or express an interest in board leadership in 2021-2022.
- 3+ volunteers needed
- No prior experience required – WA PTA and Bryant PTSA will provide materials to get you started
- Representation matters! The Nominating Committee will be seeking candidates to represent diverse perspectives from our community
- Timing: The committee will be formed ASAP, they will present a draft slate of candidates at the May PTSA meeting, and elections will be held at the June PTSA meeting
- Questions? We’d be happy to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please consider volunteering to join this short-term committee in the important work of planning for an amazing year ahead for our students, our building, and our community email@example.com
Key updates from Seattle Public Schools – updated 3/29/2021
By now you have received several important updates from Seattle Public Schools about the opportunity to return to in-person classrooms at Bryant this spring. We’d like to call out several important resources for families. All students, remote or in-person/hybrid, will be facing some changes in April. Please let Bryant PTSA board members know how we can help you find information and support students.
- 2021 In-person learning plan: Update to Stage 2 Remote/Phased Return outlined on this SPS page.
- March 29 – 31: We are in the asynchronous learning period. Educators are receiving health and safety trainings and preparing classrooms for students.
- April 5: New Kindergarten to 5th grade hybrid in-person and remote learning models go into effect.
- New Illustrative schedules have been shared by SPS for reference.
- New Bell Times: The school board has approved a new bell schedule for Elementary and K-8 schools: After the asynchronous learning period, on April 1st, all classes will start at 8:00 a.m. daily and will remain at this earlier time through the end of the school year for remote classrooms. The following hybrid schedule will go into effect for in-person classrooms:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday:
- Morning Block: 8 – 10:45 a.m.
- Afternoon Block: 11:45 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday 8 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.: All students will be remote.
- Please refer to the SPS website for the full schedule and updates.
- Transportation: Yellow bus transportation services for in-person learning will be limited. Please refer to the SPS website for the latest information.
- The 2021-2022 School Year calendar has been posted here. Note: Kindergarten and Preschool first day changed to Thursday, September 9th. First through Twelfth grades will start on September 1st.
- Bryant updates: Principal Marshall and Assistant Principal Snookal will host an information session on Wed, March 31st at 6pm-7pm on Teams.
Please join Principal Marshall and Assistant Principal Snookal for an information session regarding the April 5th K-5 return to in-person/hybrid learning at Bryant! We will be providing much anticipated information about the procedures and policies we will be utilizing and hope to have answers to your important and burning questions.
The Information Session is Wednesday, March 31st from 6-7pm on Teams.
Return to In-Person/Hybrid Learning Community Information Session:
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+1 206-800-4125,,393965183# United States, Seattle
Phone Conference ID: 393 965 183#
Find a local number | Reset PIN
Learn More | Help | Meeting options
Sign up now! Bryant PTSA will be hosting small discussion groups about PTSA spending and equity in March. We are committed to educational justice as we now pivot toward our 2021-2022 budget. We’ll be seeking feedback from you, our community, about PTSA spending and what equity means to you. Please join us for one of the small group meetings in March.
Click here for more information and the link to the Sign-Up.
See you in March!
-PTSA Executive Committee
Did you order spirit wear from Bryant? If so…
Your Bryant spirit wear order is here!! We have made the following dates and times available this week for you to pick up your order, at your convenience:
Location: You will find us either by the front entrance (60th St) or at the west gate (33th Ave NE)
2/10 – Wednesday, 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
2/11 – Thursday, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM (Note: 2 available times on Thursday!)
2/11 – Thursday, 3:30 PM – 5:30 PM
2/12 – Friday, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
2/13 – Saturday, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Orders will be organized by your student’s teacher’s name when you arrive. We will ask that you check your order for accuracy before departing.
For those who may need special accommodations or are not able to get to Bryant, or for general questions, please email Bryantspiritsales@gmail.com