See below for important details about new drop off and pick up procedures for in-person learning from Principal Marshall:
Unlike previous years, we will not be allowing parents or families/adults to walk their children on to the playground for drop off or pick up. We know this is a change for you and our students returning to in-person learning. Please begin having conversations with your child about how drop off and pick up will go, as children thrive when they know what to expect and have time to process change.
We will have finalized drop off and pick up plans out to the community by the end of this week (April 2nd), however in the meantime, there are things you can do to prepare yourself and your family.
If you will be driving your child to school:
- You must have filled out your child’s health attestation before arriving to school by car.
- We will have a designated traffic flow pattern – well marked with signs. Drop off will be past the bus zone on 34th. This is designated by a blue smiley face on the map above.
- You will remain in your car and a staff member will escort your child to their class line up spot. Classes will line up on the playground and will be physically distanced from each other.
- To help us know your child’s name and where they need to go, please prepare a sign with your child’s first and last name and their teacher’s name in bolded letters to hold up when you arrive to the drop off/pick up location.
- Have your child’s backpack ready to go and mask already on so that when you arrive your child can give you a kiss and hug and hop out to be escorted in.
- When you pick up your child, you will need to have your name sign ready for staff to see. We will look down the line of cars and getting your children in anticipation.
If you will be walking with your child to school:
- You must have filled out your child’s health attestation before arriving to school on foot.
- You will drop your child off with a staff member at the entrance to the playground by the garden on 33rd. This is designated by a blue heart on the map above.
- Have your child’s mask on and backpack ready when you arrive to school to wait to be escorted on to the playground.
- Please prepare a sign with your child’s first and last name and their teacher’s name in bolded letters to hold up when you arrive to the walking drop off location. This will help with both arrival and pick up.